J. Melissa Schmitt
- Associate Attorney
Jennifer Melissa Schmitt (commonly known as Melissa) joined Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP in 2016. Ms. Schmitt provides representation in the areas of probate and trust litigation as well as trust and estates administration. Ms. Schmitt is fluent in Spanish.
Her litigation practice includes will and trust contests, fiduciary accounting and surcharge actions, trust litigation, contested and non-contested conservatorship matters, elder abuse litigation, and probate and trust-related civil litigation, including preparation of trust accountings.
Ms. Schmitt enjoys volunteering in the community. Prior to attending law school, she assisted in soccer clinics for youth players focused on developing confidence, communication, teamwork, and time management skills for student athletes. While in law school, as a board member on the Santa Clara University School of Law La Raza Association, Ms. Schmitt participated in events aimed towards educating young students on the legal field.
Contact an experience law firm for assistance in trust and estate and elder matters. To learn more about Ms. Schmitt's skill, experience, or service, contact our office at 408-780-1912 or contact us online.
Areas of Practice
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Trust and Estate Administration
- California, 2016
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- J.D. - 2015
- Honors: VP of the SCU Law La Raza Student Association
- St. Mary’s College of Moraga, Moraga, California
- Bachelor of Arts - 2011
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Politics
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2022
- Author, Settlement Agreements: Avoiding a Real Property Tax Assessment, Contra Costa County Bar Association Magazine The Business & Tax Law, September, 2017
- Co-Author “Strategic Considerations Regarding Medical Record Privacy and the Deceased,” CEB, 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Contra Costa Bar Association, Present
- Contra County La Raza, Present
- Santa Clara county La Raza, Present